Sunday, January 13, 2013

Music Quilt

This is the music themed quilt I made for my dear friend Malcolm. He has quite a love of music and I absolutely loved making this for him. I avoided all frilly prints, though he might never care about such things, I decided to use blue and black in hopes that it will remain a favorite even during his teen years.

The piano at the bottom was a bit of an endeavor. I cut out all of the white keys and then sewed them together with the machine. The black keys I sewed on by hand, though I fear for their longevity since I realize now that I did not at all do that correctly.

I suppose if the black keys or the notes come off his wonderful parents could mail it back to me. I would happily fix it, though I'll probably hold it hostage to make them come get it just to get another hug from Mr. Malcolm.


For the back I used the left over materials. I made the quilt pretty large because I suspect Malcolm will be quite tall when he's done growing.

All of the fabric I had the fortune of finding in the sale pile at the local fabric store, Ohlssons.

No comments:

Post a Comment